United Nations has called on
businesses, governments, and
civil society to achieve Sustainable
Energy for All by 2030
A wide-range of employment opportunities exist at our member organizations. Find the job in our dynamically growing, integrated network that’s right for you.
GOGLA Regional Representative for East-Africa
The off-grid lighting and appliances industry has experienced rapid market growth in the last years and provided millions of households living beyond the electrical grid with life transforming access to energy. Despite the industry’s efforts and success, 1.2 billion people still lack basic access to energy. The Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA) acts as the industry advocate supporting the industry in growing and strengthening the market for clean, quality off-grid lighting and electrical systems. With its advocacy and communication work, GOGLA seeks to realize international recognition for the benefits of off-grid lighting and sector-wide industry support.
The regional representative will a) help deliver GOGLA’s advocacy messages and sector support activities on a regional level and b) will help national and regional level industry actors to improve their coordination and enable industry to speak with a more harmonized and forceful voice.
- Representation of industry interests and advocacy
- Member coordination
- Liaise with existing and new partners
- Contribute to the development of ‘content’ for advocacy or sector support work by providing local perspectives on questions around enabling environment, access to finance, business development, and quality assurance
- A high level of passion for GOGLA’s mission and objective
- A minimum of five years progressively responsibly experience in the field of international business development; working experience with an industry association is highly desirable; experience in policy and advocacy work is a requirement
- Excellent and proven networking, communication, and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili; command of other regional African languages is considered an asset
For the full job description and info on how to apply, click here
Short-Term Communications Consultant (STC), Lighting Asia with the International Finance Corporation
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC’s Lighting Asia is seeking a seasoned communications specialist to devise and implement a comprehensive regional communications strategy.
- Drafting articles, opinion pieces, blogs, case studies, press releases, and other written materials;
- Securing photos, videos and other multimedia material from the field—not directly, but taking a leadership role in drafting TORs, procuring agencies, advising them, ensuring deliverables are met and supervising the process;
- Media relations, outreach and placements in national and regional outlets online and in-print;
- Creating and managing a year-round content, event and communication calendar.
- Media Relations
- Digital Engagement
- Reputational Risk Management
- At least 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, or media relations specifically in the private sector, a large institutional environment and/or multilateral institution focused on international development, energy access or related topics. Prior experience as a journalist is highly valued.
- Superior verbal, writing, and research/analytical skills. Able to produce written materials including press releases, op-eds and other content relatively quickly while coordinating their publication and pitches with communication counterparts at Lighting Global and IFC Corporate.
- Ability to think strategically, capitalizing on moments of opportunity throughout the year to showcase, promote and highlight the work of Lighting Asia nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Strong multimedia experience in terms of procuring or capturing photos, videos and other materials that document events, interviews and other activities for broader awareness and promotion.
Please submit the below to Rahim Kanani, Communications Lead for Lighting Global, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 13. Please use the subject “Application: Lighting Asia Communications Consultancy”.
- Cover letter of no more than 1 page
- 3-4 writing samples (articles, press releases or otherwise)
For full job description, click here.