United Nations has called on
businesses, governments, and
civil society to achieve Sustainable
Energy for All by 2030
Launch of the Off Grid Clean Energy Facility in Benin
The Millennium Challenge Account (MCA)-Benin II is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the first request for applications for the Off Grid Clean Energy Facility in Benin.
The Off Grid Clean Energy Facility, or OCEF, is a challenge fund which provides grant financing to proven, sustainable off-grid clean energy projects via four windows.
The first request for applications for the OCEF will launch on February 22, 2018 and will close on May 22, 2018. Please visit the website www.ocef.bj for more information.
The partnership platform enables local, regional and international companies and organizations to search for partners with the purpose of financing and implementing off-grid energy or energy efficiency projects in Benin as consortia.
Key dates for information regarding the first request for applications are as follows:
- February 15, 2018: launch of the partnership platform on www.ocef.bj
- February 22, 2018: launch of the first request for applications on www.ocef.bj
- Local outreach activities in Benin:
- Porto-Novo on February 27, 2018
- Abomey/Bohicon on March 1, 2018
- Lokossa on March 2, 2018
- Parakou on March 6, 2018
- Natitingou on March 8, 2018
- March 13, 2018: Information workshop for potential applicants in Cotonou. This workshop will provide an opportunity for potential applicants to network and ask questions about the application process. Both international and domestic applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the workshop. For participation in this workshop, please register by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants’ number is limited to 200, deadline for registration is Friday March 09, 2018. If your organisation needs an invitation letter in order to obtain a visa for Benin, please contact email@example.com.
All responses to questions received from applicants regarding the request for applications will be published on www.ocef.bj.